Failed eBay Transaction

Doc
Site Admin

Failed eBay Transaction

Post by Doc » October 2nd, 2004, 7:46 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... egory=6146

There is more to this than just a deadbeat kid. I think this involves an ex asociate i had a falling out with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole idea behind eBay is to sell the vehicles. It's pretty sad when a buyer can not come up with 1500.00 to pay for an old car. And on top of that, anyone that was watching it before will think it is a total POS if a high feedback Power Seller did not want it. It will do no good to re-list it now.

Personally I would be embarrassed if I was stuck in the middle of this situation.

Ed
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member

As you know I followed through on my sons behalf to hold this car for him. You made it clear to me that the purpose of the $200 deposit was to cover your relisting fees in the event a transaction fell through. My son will not have enough money to pay for the car after his house closes & I have no intentions of buying the car. You knew I was putting the bid in for my son and I did not personally want your car. What kind of a business man are you ? You have $200 we paid you, your relisting fees are $40-$60 + $40 when you sell the car. Anyway you look at it you paid for your costs and pocketed at least $100. Mark H
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Former eBay Motors PowerSeller

JR

Post by JR » October 3rd, 2004, 10:03 pm

Doc,

I see the buyer has a BIN on one of his auctions. Just hit the BIN, then send him an e-mail that you hit it in error and you're really sorry. If I had kept the business account, which was in my deceased mother's name, I would of done it and one other seller that screwed me out of a few dollars.

I think I would just ruin his perfect feedback and take a hit back on it. This man questions your business ethics after he screws you over. What a jerk!He says he was bidding for his son, I'd say bullshit. I think he thought he had a buyer and his deal fell through. Is there really a son that paid the deposit or did daddy pay the deposit ?

I think he think he needs a good dose of his own medicine.

JR

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » October 4th, 2004, 7:52 am

This guy is a real slimeball i guess!

Heres the whole story
http://www.ebaymotorssucks.com/2491308005.htm
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » October 4th, 2004, 11:22 am

The point is that they agreed to Buy to car. The marketibility is shot now because in eBay Land anyone that was watching it (Had 92 Watchers) seeing it relisted will think it is a real POS if another Dealer did not buy it. While this in not a fault of the car, who will believe it? Not many!

Junior sends this over, I guess they feel forfeting the deposit is grounds to void the transaction.

What i don't understand is, 12 Hours Later he figures out he can't come up with the remaining 1350.00 plus Tax & Tag? Something is not right here!!

Cc: Matt Helmintoller ; [email protected]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 11:28 AM

Doc,

I hope that this email finds you well because my intentions have not been at anytime to be rude or dishonest with you. I understand that you are a professional businessman and that you hold true to your word. I gave you a good faith deposit of 200.00 through my father whom I am paying for the 73 Caddy…As bad as I want this vehicle, due to circumstances beyond my control I cannot buy it. Before I was in the ministry I ran multi million dollar furniture stores in Brevard County. When someone left me a deposit for a 10 thousand dollar order and didn’t make good on it due to circumstances beyond there control I never tried to force their hand in buying the product. I took their deposit as a restock fee and that was that. I understand that you need to move inventory, I can most certainly respect that. The 200.00 dollars we gave you as a deposit (non-refundable) is done so that if a person has to cancel, you are covered. That’s business. I explained my situation with you and you agreed to keep the 200.00 dollars with my apology for the inconvenience. Sir, I have to be truthful with you, I am bothered that my father is getting in appropriate emails from anyone in regards to this matter. My father is a good man and has a reputation of being a phenomenal business man with a high level of integrity. I would ask you to please address all further issues with me via email if there are any after this email. You have been in business since “99” and you have a high approval rating on ebay with a lot of positive feedback, I have to believe that this is not the first time that a deal has ever fallen through for you. You yourself even said that you have lost deals with no deposit at all. I am sorry that I can’t buy the vehicle and I fully understand why you should keep the deposit to cover your cost to list the vehicle. If I could afford to give you the money for it I would, if nothing else so that there would not be any ill will between us. I do not wish there any ill will against us that is why I am not fighting you on the deposit and I am apologizing so often. Where I come from in business, cancellations happen all the time. I am sorry that one had to happen involving myself and you. Again, I hope that this finds you well and I wish you nothing but the best in your business and in life. If I offended you in any way, I also apologize..it truly was never my intention.
Sincerely, Matt Helmintoller

Beach

Post by Beach » October 5th, 2004, 6:06 am

The way to handle this guy is to use bogus ebay accounts to bid his auctions up then leave negative feedback

He and his son are phony christans that should be taught a lesson

Somthor

Post by Somthor » October 5th, 2004, 6:42 pm

tell him you'll tade his wife in trade :)

come to my house and work off your debt......

they just dont see it through your eyes

you veiw it as a breach of the trust bettween bussneessment you look at it as damage to your marketbility of your car (which it is) and its a matter of a done deal not being followed through with on which you had the proceeds earmarked for an expense ....

maybe if you tell them that they will understand its not a small matter to you.
Ignore the above as I am ignOrant

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » October 5th, 2004, 7:30 pm

Junior called today and was begging not to take his problem out on dad. He said it was a collector car he could have afforded if a personal mater hadnt came up, and it was a car his wife approved of and would let him buy. I think the wife wears the pants in that family and laid the law down!

I feel for him, but business is business and i need the car sold!

Told him i would put it over on the Hoo for a few days. Set the opening bid at 1395.00 which is taking into consideration the 200 he gave me for the deposit minus PayPal and Yahoo Fees.

If someone buys it im cool, If not i will file the NPB with eBay and leave factual appropriate feedback. If Dad was a stand up guy he would just buy the car for his son and call it an early christmas present.
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Somthor

Post by Somthor » October 5th, 2004, 7:40 pm

tell him to have the church to take up a collection for him.....

JR-B

Post by JR-B » October 5th, 2004, 8:56 pm

I wouldn't be nice, I would neg the Bible thumping SOB. If one advertises the Christen ethics, they should live and abide by them.

Why didn't the kid have his own eBay account? Maybe daddy knows that when junior has money, it burns a hole in his pocket and he has to bail him out.

Just MHO.

JR

floridacarz

Post by floridacarz » October 8th, 2004, 12:57 pm

Deadbeats and morons need to be addressed on scambay!
Blast this putz Doc or your gonna make me do it!

Thats why it doesnt work over there, feedback is supposed to be for the way the deal went right?

BLAST OFF! TEE OFF on this putzola

GOD GOD GOD GOD, BLAST THIS GUY AS HARD AS YOU CAN, his feedback is huge but only 35 feedbacks from buyers. must be his churches feedback

I myself am not taking the deadbeats crap anymore my feedback has taken several hits in the last few weeks because of it, WHATEVER!

Maybe my cars will start selling for more money now that my feedback sucks?

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » October 8th, 2004, 1:25 pm

Paul glad you joined us!

I am going to Grind His Ass Off! 4 Hurricanes, I'm behind on everything & have to deal with a Deadbeat Father & Son Combo!!

Will file the unpaid items strike and then blast his ass :)
DOC
Admin & Publisher

floridacarz

Post by floridacarz » October 8th, 2004, 1:32 pm

GOOD! ya the 4 hurricanes are killing my biz, I get 50 emails a day asking the same crap!
My ebay bill was at 15k the other day and was letting it hang for a bit, why should I pay them quick, I played the paypal game, hung onto there doe for a bit, but they did call and were so nice asking if I over looked my bill, YA I overlooked 15k of which 30% is I am sure relisting due to deadbeats! almost wondered if it was worth paying or not, LOL

Somthor

Post by Somthor » October 8th, 2004, 1:34 pm

ponders if you could say hey look 30% of my bill is due to deadbeats that you do nothing to prevent or enfore how about a rebate

floridacarz

Post by floridacarz » October 8th, 2004, 1:41 pm

That was the first thing out of my mouth, same old crap,
I told my rep this is crooked and people should go to jail for it! I asked him if MA BELL charged you for every incoming call and you got 20 calls a day that were pranks and had to pay for thoses calls? how long before uncle sam would put an end to it?
No reply

it has to be a matter of time before the government stops this shit, it is going to take TRUE MEDIA COVERAGE to do it!

Found a scam auction today on a Ferrari I had on ebay a year ago, I called my rep, I emailed my rep, I emailed ebay, I went to the live shit they have which took 10 mins strong before some dip shit who doenst have a clue about anything answered, and it still was up for 3 more hours after all that.

That made them $$ deadbeats makes em $$$
EBAY or Tobaco whos more powerful

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » October 8th, 2004, 2:03 pm

I'd rather have a stiff drink :)

eBay Sucks!!
DOC
Admin & Publisher

floridacarz

Post by floridacarz » October 8th, 2004, 2:06 pm

Thats what im doing as we chat!
absoluty and cran, hmmm shouldnt I be getting emails and phone calls with 11 auctions going?

AHHHH those were the days

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » October 8th, 2004, 5:33 pm

I got me a VO and diet coke going down :)

I suppose JR is sipping some Crown right about now so he can feel like a kKng :)
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Post by Guest » October 8th, 2004, 6:06 pm

Somthor

Post by Somthor » October 8th, 2004, 6:12 pm

thats about as effective as http://www.gaypimp.us

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » October 8th, 2004, 6:17 pm

Unpaid Item reminder Sent

An unpaid item reminder has been sent to tbluxuryautos for the following item: Cadillac : DeVille (#2491308005)

You will be eligible to receive a Final Value Fee credit if the buyer does not respond in 7 days. If the buyer responds you may be required to take additional action before your Final Value Fee credit will be issued. Learn about this process in eBay's Unpaid Item Policy.
DOC
Admin & Publisher

witchie

Post by witchie » October 9th, 2004, 9:48 pm

Doc If you could only ship that caddy up here I have no doubt I could get you more cash for it.

Good luck with the NPB. I filed 29 of them today for 300.00 worth of bids in the past two weeks. I haven't been ignoring everyone, just been busy trying to collect the money. I am at the point where if they can't get it here on time then i am returning it. I returned two money orders today. I need the money, but not the hassle.

Wish I could win the Lotto i'd take that caddy off your hands just for me lol. I like em big :P

JR

Post by JR » October 10th, 2004, 9:00 am

Doc, had Crown last weekend, but last night I was drinking some Kiona Ice Wine, from a local WA state winery. I really like the stuff, but it's very expensive. We have a friend that works for the winery, so we get a few bottles every now and then.

I've been doing a lot of reading the boards and see all the crap everyone has been going through. Really sad that a honest auction can't be completed without some kind of complication.

I've bought a few more parts for my '41 Ford in the last two weeks. Bought some hood hinges for a total of $11.82, were not the ones I wanted. The pictures on the auction were a little hard to make out. But after doing some research, they are for an early '41 Ford and they are very rare and in execellent shape. I'll probably put them in the swap meet in April and triple/quadruple my money.

Also bought a pair of SS cowl trim for the Ford and they were spendy, $41.99 plus $5.00 for shipping. Damn things are very rare to find and at that price, I got a bargain. Sometimes I wish I would of bought other cars besides the '41 or '46 Fords, because some of the parts are just too few to find and when they are found, one pays more. The '46 has been sold, but getting deeper in debt on the '41. Damn cars!

I did trophy at the last two cars shows I did with it. beat out a trailer queen. I drive mine, put road scars and dents in it, hit a few small rodents in the road, leaks some oil, it was made to drive, not sit and collect dust. Feels good to beat them $40,000 plus trailer queens, that have been built by a professional.

Too damn early in the morning to be gabby, I'm going back to bed! You all have a great day.

JR

JR

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » October 10th, 2004, 12:41 pm

I incurred extra fees listing this car on Yahoo, But it did not get any interest.

You have two choices here, Either pay for the car you two bought from me, Or take a negative feedback comment.

The choice is yours!

Sincerely, Ed Koon

Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 11:20 AM
Subject: Matthew Helmintoller

Thank you for working things out with my son. He does not have the money for a second car and I appreciate you trying to understand..........Respectfully, Mark Helmintoller

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » October 16th, 2004, 12:04 pm

I guess i will list the car over on Ioffer.com its free for cars!

In the mean time i will see if junior is being truthful and contacts me for delivery next week.

It would be nice to see dads perfect feedback trashed though!!!
DOC
Admin & Publisher