Hi Doc,

dawn_quixote

Hi Doc,

Post by dawn_quixote » April 13th, 2005, 9:21 pm

Hi Doc, just dropped by to say how you are and how your eyes are doing? Miss ya! dawn

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » April 14th, 2005, 6:53 am

He Dawn..

I am now using autotrader.com with great results.. The wholesale market here is on fire! So it is tough buying cars for retail.

Otherwise i'm doing pretty good.. Don't miss eBay one bit, other than the board :) My vision is now great!

It is great hearing from you, tell my friends on the motors board i said Hi :)
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Former eBay Motors PowerSeller

JR

Post by JR » April 14th, 2005, 9:17 pm

Doc,

I think you made a wise choice to use Traderonline, rather than eBay. Glad things are working out better for you, the eye sight better, and they all miss ya on the boards.

JR

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » April 14th, 2005, 9:38 pm

Hi JR.. Nice to hear from you..

Bought 2 tonight.. 1 i had to return was a 1991 Lincoln Mark VII Bill Blass with 46,000 actual miles.. A brand spanking new baby doll.. Bought it for a driver.. Came home and ran a history report.. had 78k in 1999! Woops.. I offered 1500.00 so i might get it after all :)

Bought a real nice little 1994 Saturn SL2 Auto and air, will sell real fast for 2750.00 in the auto trader..

eBay really is sucking big time! I just wish i had quit before dang near going broke!!

Tell everyone i said hi :)
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Post by Guest » April 19th, 2005, 1:12 am

yea, the last three months, my ebay fees have been under $20 a month so, I have just about quit selling..doing alot of upholstery right now, so I am not missing ebay either..ever since they went up, I have pretty much stopped..glad you are still doing good and this website is here!

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » April 19th, 2005, 5:47 am

It should be interesting to see eBay's Q1 Results.

They are either going be another miss, or they are fudging the figures! A lot of sellers have either quit or cut way back..
DOC
Admin & Publisher

JR

Post by JR » April 19th, 2005, 8:51 pm

Doc, I would have to agree with you. Just doing daily searches on eBay, there is very little to be found. If something decent is found, it is overpriced and when shipping cost are included, I might as well buy new.

So how are the Traderonline sales doing? I'm assuming that you're doing a lot better than you did with ebay. Have you been doing putting together any websites, goofing off, what exactly are you doing these days?

I've been working my butt off, very busy at work. They would like me to work a lot of overtime, but have backed off to a reasonable level. Had some health problems and am getting it back to normal. Had an blood vessel in my eye hemmorage a few months ago, it has healed about 30%. They take a long time to heal, so it may be 6 to 9 more months before it is completely healed.

Been looking for a car for my daughter. You've had some good looking Lincolns and I've seen a few for sale in my area. Prefer 1970's and 1980's, so what are the better years to buy and what kind of prices should I be seeing on them?

Thanks and you take care,

JR

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » April 19th, 2005, 9:12 pm

Hi JR..

Business is good on autotrader.com sold a 1996 Accord EX V6 to a honda dealership salesman today. That was fun :)

Just got back from Manheims Imperial AA in Lakeland, bought a real nice 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII second generation mark, the one they want.. I'm not making 3 grand groses, but getting good prices for quality cars.. I have sold 9 since telling eBay to shove it!

I prefer the old square body town cars.. Wouldnt touch a Continental! Or buy a first generation Mark VIII, they are braking valve springs!

I'm exhausted! Got to get up in the morning and hit another auction..
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Me

Post by Me » May 7th, 2005, 3:48 am

You're not missing anything. The EBM discussion board sucks. All it is ia big time waster.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » May 8th, 2005, 8:25 pm

Yep i see that.. Between the complaints and the harassment threads I'm glad i got out of there when i did.

Sure was a good thing while it lasted!!
DOC
Admin & Publisher

JR

Post by JR » May 8th, 2005, 10:21 pm

I agree with both of you, EBMDB is pathetic and so is the rest of the site.

So Doc, how are things going? You plan on popping in on EBMDB and doing an occassional post? Need to do a little bragging about how much better Traderonline is.

see ya,

JR

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » May 10th, 2005, 7:19 am

Doing pretty good..

Auto Trader is producing good results, It has its slow times but is not over priced like eBay!

I see there are around 30,000 vehicles on eBay Motors so someone must be selling something. I guess the Dealerships continue to support the site.. But is no good for what i sell any more..

I used to buy quality chrome license plates for the cars but don't see much any more.. Common searches that use to yeild good results now hardly find anything.

Guess eBay will become what the flea markets turned into!

I'm staying off there boards and there site. Other than doing a few listings for an associate that has sold 1 out of 12 so far, and is about ready to quit!

Even with late model low mileage cars, a seller can't sell em cheap enough! And eBay is now sending out emails to sellers urging them to lower there reserve! Even with bids not even 30% of wholesale market! They are IDIOTS that don't even have a clue!
DOC
Admin & Publisher

JR

Post by JR » May 10th, 2005, 9:29 pm

Doc,

I'm glad to hear you're doing much better now than you were on ebay. This area seems to be bad at this time for selling vehicles and parts. Swap meet this weekend was not too good for many, I did really well. People are not buying unless the prices are so low that one might as well give things away for free.

Found an old 1930 Model A sedan to make a ratrod from, the guy wanted $6800.00 for it and it was really rough, but was driven in. For a couple of dollars more, could of bought one already restored. Was trying to go in half with a couple of other guys, but we couldn't make things work out for us money wise.

You hang in there and stay in touch,

JR

Post by Guest » May 11th, 2005, 1:13 am

Hi Doc, sounds like things are going OK for you. Glad your eyes are doing well.

bell407pilot

Thankful for your site

Post by bell407pilot » May 13th, 2005, 12:36 pm

Before stumbling upon your site, I was seriously interested in selling a limited number of used cars on Ebay, specializing in my passion, the 12 cylinder BMW. But after reading through a seemingly infinite number of negative comments concerning the reputations of Ebay and Paypal, I have decided that it would be a waste of my time performing the necessary due dilligence with respect to associating with Ebay.

Thanks to your informative forum and network of contributing supporters I will now redirect my attention to researching alternative auction sites before proceeding any further. Thanks again, A Gulf of Mexico helicopter pilot.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » May 13th, 2005, 7:47 pm

Yea.. It's no walk in the park for sure!

I had a 750IL once that belonged to Wade Boggs. Wound up replacing all the fuel injectors. They were leaking down over night flooding the cylinders. Otherwise i really enjoyed it.

I would recommend Hemmings for those kind of cars. Autotrader.com might work as well. I have not had one in a couple of years now.

It is such a shame what has happened to eBay Motors.. They are just now starting to warn the commuinity of the fake "Become a Power Seller Emails" They have been circulating for over 6 months that i know of!

Hopefully they will clean it up! But in order to do any good they would have to stand behind the community, and quit ducking behind "We are Just A Venue"! But with 31029 items found in Passenger Vehicles at 40.00 per pop, not counting the featured fees, etc, why should they be bothered!

I guess time will tell!
DOC
Admin & Publisher