Fraud: What's an Online Auction Site to Do? [[GOOD READING]]

Doc
Site Admin

Fraud: What's an Online Auction Site to Do? [[GOOD READING]]

Post by Doc » March 8th, 2006, 5:45 pm

This is a good article written by Ina Steiner of auctionbytes.com

http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m03/i08/s04

I like the way she worded it.. :usa2:

:director: eBay is going to be forced to clean its cyber dump up! And of course listings will be going down, as well as Revenue!

:hello2:
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Former eBay Motors PowerSeller

MidoriMeadows

Post by MidoriMeadows » March 8th, 2006, 6:28 pm

I have often told the pinks I'd be happy to pay a reasonable fee for them to check me out and give me some kind of special certification saying I'm a real business, who has appropriate govt paperwork etc. Being able to filter search to that special class of businesses would ensure that scammers can't just slap the graphic on their pages and lie about it. In fact, I think the whole PS program should be that way. You can't be a PS without being reviewed. That way, buyers could feel that at least your a legal business. So a PS who sells cars would have to produce a license. Non-auto would have to show whatever stuff you have to file for your area. In my case, I'm not able to get a bus. license because I'm in the unicorporated part of my county but I have fed and state tax #s, LLC registration with the state. Things like proving you pay sales tax when required (OR doesn't have sales tax) too.

It really wouldn't have to change the dynamics of ebay. There would be the PS-certified real business that have been checked out by someone who actually knows something about business stuff. Then there could be the casual user/non licensed/home seller type person. So a person could still sell their used baby clothes, or their used fake car, or whatever but buyers would know they weren't a licensed business.

Being able to search by licensed business or non licensed or both would let buyers chose what type of place they buy from. Obviously a lot of the bargains would be in the garage sale section which is great if you want used books, videos, clothes etc. At least buyers would be forewarned they weren't dealing with a licensed auto dealer when buying the $6k muscle car in pristine condition in Greece.
Sharon
Virgin Princess

turtle-clan

Post by turtle-clan » March 8th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Very good reading.
I liked the "Trusted Merchant" part.

I am still too dumb to post pictures.
I need to download a Brain somewhere :?
Be patient, and get-r-done

turtle-clan

Post by turtle-clan » March 8th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Hi Sharon, My cyber sweetheart.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » March 8th, 2006, 6:54 pm

Hey Turtle..

Quit Flirtin with my gal.. :toothy10:
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Former eBay Motors PowerSeller

turtle-clan

Post by turtle-clan » March 8th, 2006, 6:57 pm

LOL Doc, I am no competition to anyone.
Unless maybe she thinks my diaper is "sexy" :?:

MidoriMeadows

Post by MidoriMeadows » March 8th, 2006, 8:55 pm

OK Tommy, they gonna make a song about that? She thinks my diaper's sexy...

I need to have someone call me sweetheart today. I'm not doing good. Remind me why I don't need a guy who treats me like shit. Bad time of the month and I had to deal with some of his mail today, and his boss too. He is working but just the way she said he doing ok doesn't sound like he is. I know I'm lonely as hell. Come home and my dish is spotty because of the weather, just to add to my frustration. I should be happy, got that great job, got a big order that I'm packing right now. Kids are doing great although big girl is having attitude. I told her that phone hottie #3 was going to visit me while I was in KS. She's not impressed. I'm so lonely. I wish I was shallow. Then I guess I wouldn't be lonely. Guess I wouldn't care if guys just wanted to get me into bed. I just don't do that.

Least you guys love me for my brain.
Sharon
Virgin Princess

j-ainc

Post by j-ainc » March 9th, 2006, 10:51 am

Yea Brain, That damn sexy voice I'm sure has nothing to do with it! :wink:

And because you are a bigger person than that! Is why you won't lower your standards, Because you are one quality female.

Hang in there baby, KS is right around the corner.
"Know Jesus No Fear, No Jesus Know Fear"

MidoriMeadows

Post by MidoriMeadows » March 9th, 2006, 11:02 am

Hi Al,

I feel better today. You know us hormonal females. I just hate being in those moods.
Sharon
Virgin Princess

markn

Post by markn » March 9th, 2006, 12:41 pm

Hi Sharon, i just noticed u r from Oregon, my wife is from Eugene and we have been up in the area a couple times, i have always noticed that the guys r pretty cool, reminds me alot ofdelaware and penn. where i am from. the guys r like back east, not west coast. my wifes mother was going out with the best guy in the world, she moved to calif and married someone else. he lived in eugene and owned a highline used dearlership. he was the nicest guy i think i have ever meet in my life, i gotta have my wife track him down for u.....lol....

MidoriMeadows

Post by MidoriMeadows » March 9th, 2006, 2:09 pm

Mark, I think the problem is me. I think I freak a lot of guys out. OK, the castration things might be a little scary but seriously, I don't discuss it that much in person. All my life I dated guys a lot older than me. Finally decided that I need a guy that's a little younger than me. Maybe they have a lot less hangups about women who can think.
Sharon
Virgin Princess

j-ainc

Post by j-ainc » March 9th, 2006, 5:46 pm

Sharon, I sure do not mean to sound ugly BUT, It has little to do with age (older will appreciate you more) It has alot more to do with the mental baggage that your ex's have brought to the table and you had to deal with.

Now be real the only reason you want somebody younger! is you are affraid you are going to do him in the first week or so! And you think the younger the healthier the stronger. 8)
"Know Jesus No Fear, No Jesus Know Fear"

MidoriMeadows

Post by MidoriMeadows » March 9th, 2006, 9:56 pm

Yeah, I think that's some of it. I really don't want to put someone in the hospital again. Worse yet, have him have a heart attack in bed. Might scar me for life.

I think part of it is I get tired of being told how immature I am. I do silly things a lot but not stupid. I have taken care of business better than either of my ex's. But they both always told me that my problem was I was too young and immature to behave appropriately. I didn't have the years of experience that they had. I also think it has something to do with the fact that younger guys were raised in a world where women worked and had good jobs. The older guys were raised with stay at home moms. They always look at my jobs as little hobbies to pass the time or something to help make ends meet but certainly not important like they are. Given that I supported one for 6 months and paid 1/2 of his bills for about 6 months before that it's rather ironic that he felt he could put my jobs down. I worked for 1/2 my marriage and raised the kids the other half. The last 1 1 /2 years I was the major breadwinner. Yet somehow I still didn't have a real job. I'm sure both would make derogatory comments about my new job just being a game too, yet they'd be happy to spend my money.

I know they both had a lot of baggage but I guess it makes me paranoid. Hey, phone sweetie #3 is only 4 years younger than me. Phone sweetie #2 is the one that's 11 years younger.
Sharon
Virgin Princess

JR

Post by JR » March 10th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Immature? I call it being a big kid that never grew up. That's me, I enjoy many things and I really like lots of toys. I hope I never grow up.

JR

:nike: