It's Friday, but it's too damn early!

JR

It's Friday, but it's too damn early!

Post by JR » March 17th, 2006, 8:13 am

It's Friday, it's my day off and it's too damn early!

I'm on call this weekend, but will be taking a 2 hour trip north to Spokane. Don and I will be going to the Antique Auto Ranch to look at old car stuff. On the way home, will pick up my '82 Buick Riviera from my daughter and bring it home to sell.

Her other half wants the car for himself, but the last two previous cars I bought for her, he destroyed them attempting to do simple maintenance.

The altenator had to be replaced on this car, he changed it, it wasn't done right and would drain the battery. Daughter and her friend got a manual out and installed it correctly and now works great. So why would I want to leave my car up there for him to use when he can change spark plugs without the car requiring a major overhaul when he is done.

I'll probably use it for a daily driver to work, then sell it in a month or two.

Y'all have a great weekend, coffee is ready and I'm ready for it.

JR

:pottytrain5:

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » March 17th, 2006, 8:51 am

Just another day for me..

Getting ready for work, have to stop at the bank and get a cashiers check for a trade in payoff.. Then on to the office.. Actually I'm running a little late, but the rest of the guys start trickling in around 9:30 or so.

Oh well.. Another Day.. And hopefully another $$ :)

Wonder where my gal is hiding??
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Former eBay Motors PowerSeller

JR

Post by JR » March 17th, 2006, 8:11 pm

Went to Antique Auto Ranch in Spokane, had some really neat stuff to make a rat rod, but were expensive. I just bought a t-shirt, Don bought some Model T windshield frame brackets and some old rear-end parts.

Got the '82 Buick, ran like crap for the first 45 miles. Seemed like the choke on the carb was sticking, black smoke, no power, then it cleared up and ran pretty decent, but still is a dog. It needs shocks, hit a few dips and it rocked like a boat.

I'm thinking of taking the power leather bucket front seats and the rear bench seat and put them in my '72 Nova. Just a minor tear on the drivers seat, think it can be fixed and then dye the seats or recover. While playing with the seat, it moves in just about any direction, including side to side tilt. Don't know why one would need that unless you have one butt cheek bigger than the other, which would make one sit lopsided.

I'm going to kick back after I feed my cats, watch some NASCAR trucks race and drink a little Crown. Was supposed to go drink some green beer, but just feel like spending a nice quiet weekend with me and my three cats. Mentally and physically beat from the long hours and assholes at work.

JR

:drunken:

MidoriMeadows

Post by MidoriMeadows » March 17th, 2006, 11:35 pm

I'm here honey. I was busy last night. I dealt with what I had to and was about to start visiting when big girl called me. "My fucking truck has a flat tire and I can't find the fucking flashlight". Yeah, she's my kid. Anyway, spent 2 hrs driving and sorta helping her change the flat. I always tell her that men just appear to change my tire. She was in the parking lot of the stable she works at so we didn't figure any men would show up. When I got there, of course they did, but she was so pissy she changed her own tire. I have never changed a tire. I pull out the jack and start getting ready to do it and men just appear out of nowhere to change my tire. One time it happened while I was way out in the mountains and hadn't seen a car for an hour. Yup, 2 guys showed up and changed my tire. She doesn't think it's healthy I won't crawl around changing my own tire. I don't know, if someone else will do the dirty work I don't mind.

Guess I'm not traveling next weekend. Phone hottie #2 is working, tried to get out of it but it's not an option. Phone hottie #3 still has his child custody thing. Oh well, they both talk to me on the phone. Talked to one 3 times today and the other 2 times. Total of about 2 hrs so I guess I got my man fix for the night. Phone hottie #2 turns 30 this weekend. Does that mean he can keep up with me? I don't know. Even 30 yo's get tired don't they. Unlikely to have a heart attack though.

Taking baby girl's bf out to lunch this weekend. Sigh, he's 16, she's almost 14. Don't like it but shit, didn't I just say that I've got a phone hottie 10 1/2 yrs younger than me? Who am I to judge without even meeting him, hence the lunch. More or less, he better not mess with her or it will be his last time. We all know what I do.
Sharon
Virgin Princess