Viewing web directory as thumbnails

JR

Viewing web directory as thumbnails

Post by JR » June 18th, 2006, 10:12 am

Doc,

Took over 200 pictures at the car show in Dayton, WA this weekend. I edited the size of the pictures and uploaded them to my web page. I'd like to be able to have others view the link, but instead of clicking on each picture, I want the page to be viewed as thumbnails.

What do I need to do to be ab le to have this viewed as thumbnails?

http://webpages.charter.net/jrbunch/Dayton%202006/

Thank you,

JR

8)

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » June 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Mornin JR..

Good looking photos.. All you are doing is directory browsing the contents of the folder. You need a program to do the thumbs etc..

Feel free to use mine http://www.docsimages.com create an album called jrbunch or whatever root name you want to call it, then create sub folders for each event, etc. Once that is done you upload your photos and then place them in an album. You can also add a title and description, as well as search key words..

It is running on my docsplace.org server and i have tons of unused disk space.. so have at it :)
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Former eBay Motors PowerSeller

JR

Post by JR » June 18th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Thanks Doc, had two cameras. My Sony camera, the button sticks, got some sand in it and have had a rough time getting it out. I had a few pictures that came out fuzzy and are not salvagable. Some pictures I didn't get the whole car in, cut off part of them. Those shots were from trying to get it taken before people stepped in the way.

The Cannon had a few fuzzy shots too, but does really good. The file sizes are ~900K in size, while the Sony files are ~1.3 in size. Both do a really nice job, but will need to clean the Sony and I might take it in to have it done. There is a camera shop that is ran by an older couple that came from Germany. They've been in the camera business for many years, had several 35mm cameras refurbished by them.

I also have a newer 35mm Cannon, gets used occassionally, does a really good job too.

I take pictures for the car club and do some photo shoots for events. Jean does scrap booking, so we're pretty well set up for taking pictures, have a nice Epson scanner, two HP photo printers (7150 and 7350 models). Lately, Jean takes most of her digital photos to the new WalMart to be processed. Just a block away from the house.

Will go set up an account over there in a few minutes. Still going to re-do my website.

JR

8)