mazda woes :)

Somthor

mazda woes :)

Post by Somthor » July 23rd, 2004, 6:51 pm

flatbedded the mazda around town today

got a 2700.00 est for required engine work

and 1700.00 est useing used parts for the body/frame damage that the seller neglected to mention. when I say neglected i am speaking of the stuff he didnt show in pictures and failed to reveal (the collision dmaage front and rear)

Ill keep you guys posted on what ebay buyer protection has to say about it.

im sure most of you think im scum for applyingfor it, but its there as a legal recourse for buyers who like me feel defrauded by a seller.

personaly with the anti ebay feelsing we all share id think you would be happy to see Ebay Shell out for once
Ignore the above as I am ignOrant

Somthor

Post by Somthor » July 23rd, 2004, 7:01 pm

why whine? because if you never complain nothing ever gets changed or improved.

sure this might be a small thing but I'll squeek and hopefuly ebay will give some grease. and maybe they might make changes to improve things making EBM a better place to buy and sell.

witchie

Post by witchie » July 24th, 2004, 3:17 am

If Ebay doesn't come thru scrap it. For your sake I hope they do. It may make someone happy in the junk yard.

Somthor

Post by Somthor » July 28th, 2004, 10:20 am

spoke to the Ebay insurance guy today they looked over my estmates and were apalled.

They are trying to contanct the seller now, its likly he will refuse to them. Im told they will be makeing a desision next monday about the case.

the vibe is, its gonna be in my favor.

you have to realize in oder for them to shell out, it had to have been nothing less than fradulent misrepensentation. while its true this could have been advoided by a inspection prior to bidding. Ebay currently doenst require that a seller do so.

this goes to prove that god loves a fool

Somthor

Post by Somthor » August 3rd, 2004, 9:41 pm

totday they called me and let me know that they were in my corner that the car after being looked at by a few mechanics etc etc is a POS

that being the case they said they would refund me my purchase price less a 100.00 deductible

ok so they offer a check for $1,425.00

PROBLEM THEY WANT THE CAR

I have spent $2000.00 on it on repairs and upgrades and inspections

I figure the way the car sits its worth about $400.00 they say they think its worth about $712.50

I cant get back the $$ spent on repairs and parts but they sure can sell it at auction for parts.

Im getting pentalized for buying cheaply if I had paid a higher price they wouldnt be asking for the car, but anytime where the cost of repairs exceeds the purchase price they want the car.

kinda unfair to me I think.

anyway I was planing on getting a junkyard engine for $900.00 and paying 400 for install that would be the cheapest way to get the car running again.

Im not sure if i say ok take the car if I can start yanking parts of it like the brand new not even 20 miles on them tires, or the taillights or clutchfan...window regulators ....etc etc that I put on it

suggestions they will be calling tomrrow

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » August 4th, 2004, 7:37 am

Hmmmm.. Only an idiot would spend 2000.00 on a 600.00 car!

What did you think they were going to do, Refund your money & let you keep the car? It don't work that way as a rule!

I would be real carefull with this transaction, *IF* any of the estimates and receipts for work done can be proved false you could wind up being charged with Insurance Fraud!

DOC
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Former eBay Motors PowerSeller

Somthor

Post by Somthor » August 4th, 2004, 7:49 am

not sure why you would even say that doc the estimates are real and correct. the recipts are also correct

if anythign the estimates were low, given that I told them to use "used" parts.

Its just cheaper to get a junk yard engine and replace the old one rather than fix its many problems.

actualy as a rule it does DoC only when the repairs exceed the purchase price of the car or with other insurance claims 80-% of the value

I asked them about it. they see this as a chance to pay almost nothing on the claim as they can sell it for salvage for quite a bit of money.

Doc
Site Admin

Post by Doc » August 4th, 2004, 9:09 am

Considering it still needs an engine, What could you possibly have spent 2000.00 on?

I smell an Insurance Fraud Case Here!!!
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Former eBay Motors PowerSeller

Somthor

Post by Somthor » August 4th, 2004, 9:37 am

its easy doc 1k labour and 1k in parts

$400.00 tires
$225.00 window regulator
$200 clutch fan
$ 70 tail light
$ 100 patch missing part of exhust
$ 50 tensioners
$ 20 bulbs they were all out except headlights
$ 15 new trunk liner as old one was rotted

I have reciptts for jsut about everything. and its all from ebay, sears or local ASCE certifed and reptabile busniess. no back yard mechanic freinds. sales taxes collected etc etc etc

Doc you disapoint me you are constantly suggesting im not a honest person.